South Korea-based game development company NPIXEL has released a gameplay reveal trailer and new screenshots for Chrono Odyssey, and its MMORPG Unreal Engine 5, also announced that it will be available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and PC via Steam. It appears that the previously announced iOS and Android versions are no longer planned. No release date has been announced.
“It is with our deepest passion and appreciation that we are unveiling our trailer today,” he said Chrono Odyssey Producer Samuel Seo in a press release. “Chrono Odyssey is an ambitious project created by passionate developers and avid gamers who understand the power of immersive gaming experiences.”
Chrono Odyssey “We firmly believe that MMORPGs are gateways to unforgettable experiences and cherished memories, shaped through shared adventures and challenges,” added Art Director Ken Kang.
The trailer showcases the game’s “living and ever-changing world”, which introduces new weather and environments with each season, as well as “innovative” gameplay mechanics that allow players to manipulate time to “redefine” combat and surroundings. It was scored by composer Chris Velasco, whose previous work includes bloodborneAnd FortniteAnd God of WarAnd vampire.
Our ultimate goal with Chrono Odyssey is to ignite gamers’ passion and connect them to a truly memorable gaming experience – one that will last a lifetime.” Chrono Odyssey Technical Director Tae Yeon.
Here is an overview of the game via its official website:
Make your own way.
Setera is a land full of unexplored regions, with hitherto unknown bounties and riches. Let your bravery take you to new areas as you face powerful enemies. With your newfound control over space-time and the alliances you forge along your travels, you may conquer the lands you discover. There is no single way through this world full of opportunity born out of the space-time warping chaos. Welcome to Setera. The adventure is yours.
At first glance, Setera might seem like a peaceful and beautiful land full of nature. However, Setera is now also the front lines of the war against the Void, which has been going on since the beginning of time. This land is full of dangers and chaos caused by twisted time and space and contradictory timelines. These same dangers provide countless mysteries and opportunities that are not afforded to any other world. Uncover the secrets behind Setera’s timeline and find a way to save everyone – including yourself.
- Parents – The Guardians consist of the great beings who oversee both Setera and those who follow them. They differ greatly in appearance and temperament because they are not originally from this world. He called them “The Great Ones” after each of their worlds was destroyed by the Void. Due to their past, they view the tainted World Movers as a serious threat. For them, the world movers are unwelcome guests as well as enemies that must be eliminated.
- Void Emptiness is the realization of a thing and a cruel abyss. Nobody understands anything about the Void, except for their ultimate goal: the complete destruction of all worlds. The powerful members of the Void are basically immortal and wield unfathomable power. The only reason Setera can stand up and fight against them is because Setera herself also rejects the existence of the Void, which limits their powers. However, the Void is growing in number and strength. You are the last hope of the world.
- broke down – The Broken are the global movers whose bodies have succumbed to Void Pollution. Vacuum pollution is very unstable once absorbed inside the body, eventually causing seizures and breakdowns in bodily functions. Once the pollution reaches this point, the internal flow of energy within the body collapses completely, making the polluters neither dead nor alive. The Broken completely loses his sense of self and blindly attacks any living thing in an attempt to regain the energy he has lost.
- The outcasts The Outcasts are an armed gang of outcast global movers. They were all expelled due to factional conflicts or outright immoral actions, and subsequently joined together based on their animosity towards the other Global Movers. Their humanity makes it easy for them to lie down, disguise themselves, and target and outwit the world movers. The danger they represent is completely different from that of your other enemies.
- world movers – The World Movers survived the Void’s destruction of their home world and fled to Setera. All of them were blessed with extraordinary strength or luck that allowed them to overcome many challenges and powerful enemies. They have split into three separate factions. The ultimate goal of each faction is the survival and prosperity of the Global Movers, and as such they work together towards this common goal. However, there is fierce competition between them for influence and rights and their own interests in pursuit of these goals.
Chronotector, an artifact that can manipulate space-time
The Chronotector is a powerful artifact said to have been created by a mysterious ancient civilization known only as “The Great Ones”. It possesses the ability to warp and manipulate space-time to the will of its bearer. Although it had lost much of its original power, it was still able to warp time and space to create effects that could not be compensated even by the most powerful magic in the world.
Watch the game’s trailer below. View screenshots in the gallery.