Evidence in Henri Roeg’s fatal Las Vegas DUI case includes receipt for 20 drinks

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — 8 News Now investigators who got the case against former Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs are documenting a $450 receipt from Topgolf for 20 drinks for three or four people in the hours leading up to the fatal crash.

Roggs, 24, is charged with driving 156 mph under the influence of drugs, crashing into a car and killing 23-year-old Tina Tintor and her dog in November 2021. Prosecutors said Roggs had a blood alcohol level of 0.16, which is twice the legal limit.

Ruggs waived his right to a preliminary hearing in court Tuesday, along with his attorney. They told the court that the former Raiders player will plead lesser charges during a court hearing on Wednesday, May 10.

The deal includes Ruggs pleading guilty to one count of DUI causing death and one count of misdemeanor compound murder. Under the agreement, Ruggs will face 3 to 10 years in prison.

In the hours before the accident, Roggs, his girlfriend Kiara Kilgo Washington and at least one other person played, ate and drank at Topgolf near the Las Vegas Strip and then went to a friend’s house, Kilgo Washington told police.

“She stated that she (and Mr. Ruges) went out at Topgolf with friends before going to another friend’s house,” the documents said. She stated that she ordered two for herself but did not know how many, if any, drinks Roggs had.

A Topgolf receipt obtained by 8 News Now Investigators shows someone paid $450 for at least 20 drinks, food and games for four people. The receipt also includes an $8 bonus. It was not clear who in the group paid for the tickets.

A Topgolf receipt obtained by 8 News Now Investigators shows that someone paid $450 for 20 drinks, food, and toys for four people, including Henry Ruggsm, his girlfriend, and one other person. (KLAS)

The documents said the first drink was ordered at 9:28 p.m., and the last drink ordered at 11:22 p.m. The crash was reported at 3:39 a.m. on Rainbow Boulevard near Spring Valley Parkway. Between Ruggs, Kilgo-Washington, and several other people were in a house playing pool and poker, Kilgo-Washington said.

During a police interview, Kilgo Washington said that she, Roggs, and one other person were at Topgolf. It was not clear if a fourth person was present because the receipt indicated four guests. Kilgo Washington said she couldn’t remember the time she and Rogues left the friend’s house before driving home.

A police report obtained by 8 News Now investigators said Raggs, then 22, refused to submit to a probative blood test after this arrest. A judge later approved a warrant for a blood draw at University Medical Center.

Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruges III is removed from the courtroom in a wheelchair after his initial appearance at the Las Vegas Court of Justice in Las Vegas, Wednesday, November 3, 2021 (Steve Marcus/Las Vegas Sun via AP)

When the police went to talk to Ruggs at UMC, the report said, he told them to “get him out of here.” He also told the investigating officer that he did not remember what had happened, and he replied “no” several times.

Prosecutors said Roges also told an officer he was “on his way home from home.”

“When I asked Ruggs for clarification, he just repeated, ‘Home, home,'” the officer wrote in a report, “and then began to mumble, indicating that his speech was slurred and he mumbled. The officer described his speech as “incomprehensible” and his attitude as “unresponsive.”

Tina Tintor and her dog, Max. (Tintor family)

Ruggs was initially charged with a DUI resulting in death, a DUI resulting in significant bodily harm, two counts of reckless driving resulting in death or great bodily harm, and a misdemeanor count of possession of a firearm while under the influence. Police said the grievous bodily harm charge was for the injuries she sustained in the accident.

“This is the first step toward a fair resolution of this matter and we look forward to closing all parties involved,” Rogues’ attorneys David Chesnoff and Richard Schonfeld said in a statement Tuesday.

The Clark County District Attorney’s Office did not respond to a request for comment.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top